Bloghopper

Seems there's always something to write about or have its picture taken.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I like to write. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not but it's kind of like cooking and travelling; the result may not be what you were hoping for but getting there was most of the fun.

Friday, November 23, 2018

Day 1 Paris


Day 1  

Aug 6, 2018

Do I look like a tourist in these shorts? 
We touched down at 8:00am and went straight to the bike tour company, dropped our bags and went for a gallon of coffee. Then pedalled. And yeah, it was 2am Vancouver time.

Our teeny weeny loft was easier to book than find. But find it we did and after a few zzz's headed out into the night.

We found a train, found Montmartre and a bottle of wine.

And thus began an epic, 10 week journey that took us through France, Greece, Portugal and Spain.

Day 2

It took a week to get over the jet lag but as we did we wandered.


Took pics.


Then edited the shit out of them.


Took this from the top floor of the D'Orsay.


Where I saw the original of a painting I'd seen a hundred times.


On our way to the Louvre we passed this old church. Notre Something.


Which had a cool window.


But some things look better without colour.


We skipped Mona in favour of Venus.


Then it was time to chomp on the Champs Elysees


No regrets.


We couldn't not see that big tower at night

We couldn't not take its picture

You can click on any of these pictures to enlarge or go full screen. I finished the last blog with "And then the call came". I'll tell y'all about that next time but just realized I can post pix for the first time and kinda excited ( a picture says a few million words) so now I can mix it up with pix of the trip...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home