Bloghopper

Seems there's always something to write about or have its picture taken.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I like to write. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not but it's kind of like cooking and travelling; the result may not be what you were hoping for but getting there was most of the fun.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Balance

The silence of the bike ride,
the thrill of the ‘discussion’,
the flex of a muscle,
the smell of the flower,
the sound of the music,
the feel of the rythym,
the buzz from the booze,
the sound of the rain,
the pull of perfume,
the pat on the back,
the tear of joy,
the warmth of my wife,
the ache from the workout,
the challenges at work,
the clamour of children,
the thrill of adventure,
the sight of the unseen,
the glimpse of the forbidden,
the calm of the walk,
the look in the mirror,
the crackle of the fire,
the taste of the tasty,
the smiles from memories,
the rush of anger,
the perspective from reflection,
the weightlessness under water,
the excitement of the game,
the blue of the sky,
the green of the grass,
the awe of talent,
the sweat in my eyes,
the stirring below,
the touch of her skin,
the sparkle in his eyes,
the danger of speed,
the contentment of slow,
the harmony of colour,
the comfort of the pillow,
the stretch in the morning,
the aha! of understanding,
the freshness of the new,
the fear of the unknown,
the fuzziness of the future,
the purr of the cat,
the reflection on history
the wonder of life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

So really are you going to seriously consider writing when you come home?

4:58 am  
Blogger Trubes said...

Wonderful writings John.
My heart aches for you, with regard to the loss of your dear children.
This is my first visit to your Blog and it is really very good. I came via your sister 'Smalltown's' Blog.
She too, is an inspirational writer,(obviously a family trait)!
I do hope you keep up your writing when you go home and I'm putting you on my 'favourites'.

Di.

5:59 pm  
Blogger John said...

Thanks, Trubes. I've never considered myself a writer and only just began because we started travelling. Amazing what shows up on the screen once the fingers start moving...

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home