Bloghopper

Seems there's always something to write about or have its picture taken.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I like to write. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not but it's kind of like cooking and travelling; the result may not be what you were hoping for but getting there was most of the fun.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Egypt... day one

We're off! As soon as I finish writing this I have to run upstairs, throw the last few items into our suitcases and throw the suitcases in the car. We're on our way to Egypt today for a 2 week adventure. I'll be posting pix and stories here as we go but being the lazyass writer that I am, don't hold your breath. Does lazyass come from laissez-faire? Hmmm.

Our Itinerary: we drive from here to a hotel near Heathrow where it's actually cheaper to spend a night and leave our car there for 2 weeks than it would have been to leave it at the longterm parking at the airport. Go figger. Tomorrow we'll feel the 30+ Egyptian heat in Cairo and it'll be a warm n' welcome change from wet n' windy Wales. Three days in Cairo will give us enough time to see the pyramids and cruise on a camel before we get on a cruise ship to see Egypt from the Nile. Deb would know better but I think the ship takes us to Luxor. Or is it Aswan? Hurghada? Anyways from there we somehow (bus?, boat?, plane?) get to Dahab, a resort town on the Red Sea that's famous for its scuba diving. We've booked eight dives so if I can find a cheap, disposable, underwater camera I'll be posting some pix of life under the Red Sea.

OK gotta go. Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Ok I need to know....how come you guys get so many holidays there? When are the kids ever in school? They may talk funny over there but boy do they know how to give themselves holidays! Have a good trip...

6:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home