Bloghopper

Seems there's always something to write about or have its picture taken.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I like to write. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not but it's kind of like cooking and travelling; the result may not be what you were hoping for but getting there was most of the fun.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

A New Beginning

It's been a while. Ten years to be precise and as life would have it, a lot has changed. Ten years ago I was on a year's leave from my job in Vancouver's dowtown eastside to follow my wife as she exchanged jobs with a teacher from Wales. I won't go into the awful details, they're all well documented in 10-yr-old blogs, but it was worth the effort and discomfort.
But now I'm retired and will write about that ongoing experience in future blogs. My current adventure brings me to Europe once again to celebrate the end of yet another career - I've had several - and to muse on the beginning of another. Retirement is, after all, a new career but with new needs and aspirations. We'll see what comes.
I'm currently sitting on the deck of a pool at Poros View hotel in Galatas. It's about an hour's fast-ferry ride from Athens and it's on the mainland but took another ferry ride to get here. The ferry from Athens stops at Poros, home of the cognescenti and moneyed but it's an island so to get to the humble mainland is another euro and 5 minutes across the channel.
It's still day one so musings on this place will have to wait. We've just enjoyed three funtastic days in Athens, absorbing several millenia of history and tomorrow I'll write about it's good and bad and everything in between. Before that we were in Paris and that too is worth more than a mention. But now it's bedtime and with tomorrow's fresh start will try and navigate how to add pix and post this. It's been a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep going, I used to enjoy these.
What's the soup of the day? The soup today is the same as yesterday but with some spaghetti noodles in it!!

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home